James Askew – Entrepreneurial Success while achieving Life Balance
James Askew is the President of Rare Earth Project Marketing in Vancouver
I have worked with Katie Bennett for the past 5 years. Over this period of time, I have created a life that blends both business successes with life balance.
The last 5 years has seen me move from a typical “corporate” life where I worked and traveled more than I wanted to and didn’t have enough time for the other things that were important to me, to setting up my own business that is not only hugely successful, but allows me to put the time and energy I have always wanted to into my home and family life.
From a business stand-point, coaching has provided the forum to help me establish a clear vision for my business, the values, the culture I want to create, and consistently stay on track with it. I have also included coaching as a regular part of the training and development I offer my teams.
Specifically, the overall impact from Coaching includes:
- Develop and maintain a strategy for achieving a balance between personal and business life.
- Get really clear on what is important to me.
- Develop a five year plan for accomplishing personal and business goals
- Gain clearer understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses, and learn how to leverage the strengths and improve the weaknesses.
- Create a long-term vision for where I want to be in 20 years, and create a plan for how to achieve that vision.
- Better understand what and how I can contribute to my community, both locally and globally.
- Develop better leadership abilities through ongoing discussions and real life situations.
- Assist in evaluating and re-evaluating corporate strategy to ensure it is in alignment with personal – business balance.
- Corporate team building strategies and sessions.
- Assist in defining corporate vision, culture and values.